How to write a good essay?
- Find a topical problem. The reason why it is hard for students to pick a specific question or an issue to work on is the variety of available topics for essays of different kinds. And if you want to impress the teacher, your topic better be an original one you came up with yourself. Think of an interesting and relevant issue you would like to write about and research it qualitatively. Afterward, gather the most suitable data from credible sources and if you are certain you have enough information to continue, move on to the next stage.
- Outline and plan. As you now have a few ideas on what you are going to write, it is better to put them all down on the paper and see how they connect with each other. Organize your thoughts, and create a solid informational foundation for your work. Remember that there are numerous types of essays, and they all differ in structure, so look up a template before outlining the work. Pay special attention to the body paragraphs, as they are the parts that differ the most from essay to essay. Think what kind of data each paragraph will cover, and do not hesitate to throw away the information that is relevant but does not fit this paper. Thus, you will know exactly what to write about and have a detailed plan that will guide you while writing.
- Create a perfect thesis. When you have all information down on the paper, you can define the main idea that unites all pieces of your thoughts, and if you want your reader to see this idea clearly too, it is important to deliver it with a help of a thesis statement. It may seem impossible to put everything down into a single sentence without making it lengthy and confusing. Luckily, you do not have to include all information, but only the most significant part of it, which is the question or a problem you address, and the ways you are going to discuss it. Leave the details for the body of the paper and make sure the thesis is focused, understandable, and conveys what the essay will be about.
- Start writing. If your thesis statement is ready, your next step is the actual writing, and it is recommended to start it from the body. The paragraphs there should be of a relatively same length, examine one point at a time, and have transitional sentences in between to make the thought flow look smooth. Afterward, move to the introduction. Its main purpose is to grab the attention, provide the relevant background, and explain why the topic you have chosen is important to discuss. Write briefly, persuasively, and do not forget to put the thesis at the end. The conclusion is usually left for a dessert so that you can summarize the paper carefully by looking at the previous parts you have completed. Review the major points, reinforce the thesis, and enjoy the fact that your paper is ready.
- Check & Polish . Your final task before the submission is to perfect the essay. Check whether you have followed all instructions, and the paper adheres the required formatting style, especially in the reference section. Scan the work for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and structure mistakes a few times, and if you feel like some of them have remained unnoticed, ask a friend or a professional to proofread your work. You can always find a specialist in a custom essay writing service and ask to edit your paper, in case it is crucial for you to get a good grade.
If you follow these tips and do not miss any important points, you are surely destined for success. However, if you have no time for writing or the work is at the bottom of your priority list, do not forget that you can always order a custom essay and still submit a great paper.